Last updated: 26 May 2022
Last reviewed: 26 May 2022
Bej Technologies AB, org.nr. 559242-5663, (“Bej Technologies”, “Preglife Connect”, “we”, “us”, “our”), is a data controller of personal data (“Data”). We appreciate your trust in us when you give us your personal information, and we will continue to do our utmost to deserve that trust. We think that it is important that you are familiar with what information we process about you, why it is needed, and how we use it to build interactions between you and other parents. In this section, you can learn about how we process your Data when you use:
- www.connect.preglife.com (“Site”),
- the Preglife Connect web or mobile app (“App”, “Apps”), or
- corresponding products and services offered by Preglife Connect (“Service”, “Services”, “Solutions”).
In the case of any discrepancy between the translations of the terms of this Policy, the English version supersedes all others.
About Preglife Connect
Preglife Connect is a mobile application which provides a social network for parents and expecting parents. Our users can find and connect with others and build friendships based on certain search criteria such as gender, age, child’s age, or distance between the users. Furthermore, we provide a forum and groups feature in which users can, based on common interests and criteria, reach out to one another to ask their questions and share their knowledge within that community.
Categories of Personal Data
Depending on your interaction with Preglife Connect, we may process different categories of your Data.
When using our Site or Apps, the categories of Data that we may process include:
- Full name*
- Birth date*
- Email address*
- IP address*
- API-connected data (such as through Facebook, Apple, or Instagram)
- Expected pregnancy delivery date*
- Child’s age*, name, and gender
- Submitted photographs
- Geolocational data
- Feature category preferences*
- Other personally-selected identifiers or ‘tags’ (such as marriage status, parental leave status, and others)
- Personal description
- Feedback, support, and error submissions
- Cookie and marketing preferences*
Only those marked with an asterisk (*) are required; all others are optional and can at any time be edited or removed by accessing your user profile.
Additionally, when submitting feedback, support, or error forms, you may be asked to provide your name, contact information, feedback or error message, device-specific data (e.g. hardware model, operating system, and crash data), and the identification number of the product or feature in question.
Some information entered into your user profile within the App is shared with other users. This includes only:
- First name
- Other personally-selected identifiers or ‘tags’ (such as marriage status, parental leave status, and others)
- Free text field entries
- Submitted photographs
- Geolocational data (only city and general proximity to other users)
Within the free text fields of your profile, you can enter any information that you wish about yourself and/or your child. As we cannot control what other users do with the information displayed on your profile, be careful with what you enter there, and only write that which you are comfortable sharing with others. Similarly, beyond the terms of our Terms and Conditions, we do not have control over information that you provide in messages to other users, but you do have the option to block other users, at which point your chat history with them is erased.
Children’s personal information is extra worthy of protection, and you thus have the opportunity to choose not to show this information by altering your personal settings within the App. As a guardian of the child in question, it is you who gives consent on their behalf to share their Data with other users of the App. The child has the same rights as yourself and you can invoke these rights in a similar manner as described in sections below.
This Data is collected when you register or use our Site, Apps, or Services, opt-in to cookies, opt-in to receiving marketing material, submit feedback or error forms, from public records, and through direct correspondence between Preglife Connect and yourself.
Preglife Connect processes your Data in order to be able to provide to you in completion our services in accordance with your wishes, to improve and expand our Services and Apps, for insight and research purposes, to communicate with you, to screen for potential risk or fraud, and, when in line with the preferences that you have indicated, to provide you with advertisement or promotional material.
As we develop insights and research, we ensure that data is aggregated in order to prevent any individual from being identified, in effect anonymising the data set.
Our legal bases for processing are:
- Based on your consent,
- Necessary for the performance of contract,
- Due to other legal obligations, or
- Legitimate interest.
Unless required by law, Data is retained for up to 36 months after your last interaction with Preglife Connect, after which it is erased or anonymised. Interaction with Preglife Connect includes, for example, using our Site, Apps, or Services, or opening marketing communications from us.
You can at any time opt-out of receiving marketing communications or close your account by following on-screen instructions, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To close your account: open the App, select the settings icon, navigate through see my profile, remove my profile, and then remove, and finally verify your decision by following the link presented. Closing your account will prompt us to immediately delete or anonymise all Data for which we do not have a legal requirement to retain.
Once Data has been deleted as described above, you will need to set up a new account with us if you wish to use the Services again.
For both published vacancies and open applications, our recruitment process may involve the processing of the following categories of Data of our applicants: name; postal address; email address; telephone number; government-issued identification; references and CVs. This Data is retained for up to 5 years after the application date, or for as long as we have a legitimate business need for it. This Data is collected from public records, third-party recommendations and referrals, and through direct correspondence between Preglife Connect and yourself.
Third Parties and Countries
We may share your Data with affiliated companies with which we have partnered in order to provide to you a greater set of services, and with trusted third-party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Cloud data storage
- Processing payments
- Product development and features
- Application deployment and publication
- Market research and analytics
- Serving advertisements and conducting surveys
- Communicating with you, such as by way of email or survey delivery
- Legal consultancy
- Customer relationship management, including social media
- Support and related services
As often as is appropriate and practical, third parties are only provided with aggregated data (through which individuals cannot be identified) and are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any purpose other than those listed above.
Preglife Connect uses servers located within the EU; however, if we transfer Data outside of the EU, we check that the third country meets the requirements of applicable data privacy legislation and make the necessary contractual arrangements to ensure third-party compliance. Preglife Connect does not sell your personal data.
For a full list of our third parties, please send your request to email@example.com.
A cookie is a small text file that the website or application that you are visiting requests to save on your device. They are widely used in order to make websites and applications work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site or app.
We use both essential cookies, allowing you to effectively navigate and use our Site and Apps, analytical cookies through Google Analytics, allowing us to better understand how you like to use our Site and Apps and how we can improve our Services, and advertisement cookies through Facebook Pixel, providing you with tailored advertisements from third parties.
Google Analytics’ terms require us to include the following text in this Policy:
Your consent is needed in order for us to collect cookies; you can at any time revoke your consent by adjusting your cookie preferences or browser settings, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only cookies that are required for the overall function of the Site and Apps (essential) cannot be disabled. Every 12 months, we will ask for you to reaffirm your consent to our cookie collection.
PTS, the regulatory authority in the field, provides additional information about cookies on its website, pts.se.
For information on how to manage your browser’s cookie settings, follow these links:
In order to keep your Data and all the other information we have stored safe, we have implemented various security measures and taken reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access, use, alteration, destruction, or disclosure of your Data. For example, our Site uses Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard for protecting private information sent over the Internet, and strict internal guidelines regarding the processing of Data have been implemented within our organisation. However, no data transmission or storage over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information collected through our Services.
Your Data will be stored in a secure environment and treated confidentially.
Based on your prior consent, we may use your contact information in any commonly used method in order to provide you with information about products, special offers, and other information relating to our Apps or Services or which we believe may otherwise be of interest to you.
You can at any time alter your communication preferences in regard to direct marketing via on-screen instructions, or by contacting us at email@example.com. In addition, if you receive direct marketing from us in writing, you will be reminded in that material that you are able to alter your marketing preferences.
Rights of Users Located within the EU
If you are located within the EU, EEA, or Switzerland, under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR), you have the right to transparency in how your Data is processed. A list of these rights is below. Please note that these rights are not absolute and certain exemptions apply.
- The right to access. You have the right to request copies of your Data. This right has some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all of the Data that we collect and process. When making a request, please provide an accurate description of the Data to which you want access. Please make any requests in writing to us and we will comply with your request promptly.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify information that you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information that you think is incomplete. You can also log into your Preglife Connect user profile and correct, amend, or delete information about yourself. You may also choose to block incorrect data by contacting us at the address or email address at the end of this Policy.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to erase your Data under certain circumstances, including: (i) when your Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed, or (ii) your Data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation under EU Union or Member State law. If you choose to delete your Data, you understand that we will not be able to provide Services to you anymore.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your Data under certain circumstances, including: (i) when the accuracy of the Data is brought into question, or (ii) when we no longer need the Data for purposes of the processing, but you require such Data for the establishment, exercise, or defence of a legal claim.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the Data that you gave us from one organisation to another, or to give it to you.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your Data that is based on legitimate interests. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the Data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or we can demonstrate that the processing is for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
- The right to revoke previously granted consent. You have the right to revoke consent previously granted for any of our Data processes, including direct marketing, cookie collection, or any other process related to the delivery of our Services. This may be possible by following on-screen instructions or by adjusting your browser settings, but you may also contact us by email with your request.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request. In the event that we refuse a request, we will provide for you a reason as to why.
If you believe that your rights under the EU GDPR have been violated, the EU GDPR gives you the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here.
More information about the EU GDPR can be found at ec.europa.eu.
We may periodically change this Policy as we, for example, add new features and Services, as we improve our current offerings, and as technologies and laws change. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page. Any changes will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy. We may provide notice to you of any changes. This notice may be provided by email, by posting the revised Policy on our Site or App, or elsewhere in the Services, or by other means prior to the change becoming effective, consistent with applicable laws.
If you have questions about how we process your Data, or the contents of this Policy, you can at any time write to or email:
Address: Bej Technologies AB, Bredgatan 4, 211 30 Malmö, Sweden